- One of the easiest ways of ensuring that your tenants maintain the property is by performing a thorough move-in inspection. And things do not just stop there; it is important to document all the evidence as well. Photographs and written records will show the condition of the property before the move in.
- Secondly, move-out inspections must also be carried out. This way; there is no dispute at a later stage as to who made the nail markings on the walls.
- It is essential to have the tenants sign all the documents so that he also understands what he is getting into. This is sure to make the tenant is a lot careful regarding the use of the devices, appliances and other things.
- It also helps when landlords give a detailed ‘move-out cleaning’ document to tenants to help them understand what is expected of them at the time of moving out.
- Regularly scheduled spring cleaning also helps tenants conform to these rules and makes them more proactive about reporting repairs and maintenance issues.
These are a few ways in which tenants can prevent wrecking their rental units and treat them as if they are their own.